Demand for Proposals 2020
Ladies, Arts & Equitable Personal Change
Deadline to use: Friday, March 13, 2020, 5 pm EST
The Asian Women Giving Circle (AWGC) believes tradition can play a role that is essential any technique for social change. We support Asian United states feminine artists and women-led businesses in NYC which are making use of arts and tradition to:
- Result in social change that prioritizes equity
- Raise understanding and catalyze action around critical problems that affect Asian women that are american girls and families, and
- Highlight and improve women’s role that is central leaders, creators, designers and supervisors among these tasks.
In this cycle that is grant we anticipate awarding specific grants to 5-8 jobs, contingent on available capital. The utmost grant amount is $15,000. For the description of previous task grants, be sure to visit our web site: www. Asianwomengivingcircle.org
PLEASE BE AWARE: beginning this and moving forward, AWGC strongly encourages individual artists to apply year. We’re doubling down on our dedication to help bold and innovate artistic eyesight across all procedures, especially in music, party, drama, literary, performance, artistic and interdisciplinary arts.
Established in 2005, the AWGC is really a collaboration of Asian US ladies in nyc that are passionate about amplifying the transformative energy of arts and tradition to bring change that is about progressive. We promote grassroots philanthropy and pool our resources to finance jobs led by Asian US ladies who utilize their imagination to go hearts, minds and communities become without any fear, bias and injustice.
Whom Our Company Is
Established in 2005, the AWGC is a collective of Asian US ladies in new york that are passionate about amplifying the transformative energy of arts and culture to impact progressive change. We have been a donor-advised investment at the Ms. Foundation for females, which distributes our funds entirely at our way.
AWGC funds individual designers and community teams whose jobs donate to progressive social and governmental modification. Since our founding, we now have awarded and raised over $1 million to get over 80 jobs.
Our Mission and Goals
We promote grassroots philanthropy and pool resources to fund tasks led by Asian US women that utilize their imagination to maneuver hearts, minds and communities become without any fear, bias and injustice.
Our goals are to:
- Channel more resources into our communities that are local
- Engage a lot more people to buy innovative jobs by as well as for our communities
- Shine a spotlight that is authentic our experiences and tales
- Improve modern change that is social
- Enhance the visibility of Asian US females doing philanthropic work
- This RFP is ready to accept both 501()( that is c) companies and specific music artists
- Artists and collectives which are not 501(c)(3)s must use under a financial sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) company, that they must record on the application since the organization that is applying.
- NOTE: Failure to present 501()( that is c) documentation or even to provide a financial sponsor with the exact same will immediately disqualify the program.
- All creative disciplines will soon be considered, including work that is cross-disciplinary
- Candidates should explain the way they want to determine and determine effect
- Jobs must:
- Integrate the arts in a way that is integral
- Highlight women’s leadership and/or central role
- Display a deep dedication to a specific community in NYC
- Seldom, we are going to help a task which has national effect
- Funds should be placed on certain jobs and cannot support the organization’s ongoing programs, operations, money or endowments
- Candidates could be at any phase within their professions but should have a history of developed work that shows their ability to accomplish the project that is proposed handle the funds required
Everything We Do Not Fund
- Money or endowment campaigns
- Gear purchases
- Help to address crises that are financial shortfalls
- Solely individual works of creative expression with little to no or no social justice effect
- Documentation this is certainly primarily of social activities
- Shows or personalities which do not supply a social modification analysis or social justice focus
- Pupil productions or jobs connected with a qualification system and credit that is academic
All applications are reviewed by AWGC’s Steering Committee which advances a list that is short of. These finalists are then voted on by all donors who possess added to our grantmaking pool via e-mail ballot. Last grant allocation choices were created because of the Steering Committee and presented to your financial sponsor, the Ms. Foundation for females. The Ms. Foundation disburses the funds entirely at our way.
Applications is going to be evaluated by the AWGC Steering Committee on such basis as:
- The caliber of the task concept with regards to change that is social
- The possibility effect for the task to improve hearts, minds and communities towards equitable change that is social
- The artist’s or organization’s strong commitment to a certain community in NYC (noting once more we have actually hardly ever funded a task that includes nationwide range)
- The main part of Asian American ladies and girls within the project’s conceptual framework, design and execution
- The artist’s or organization’s ability to accomplish the task and use the grant funds effortlessly
- Notification of Grant Awards is supposed to be made by mid-June 2020
- All grantees may be necessary to submit a narrative and report that is financial the conclusion of this grant year (June 2021)
How to Apply
This RFP is administered through the funds portal regarding the Ms. Foundation for females. Applications is going to be accepted ONLY via this online procedure.
Tax-Exempt Status Verification
Please offer a copy of one’s organization’s IRS determination letter that is tax-exempt. In the event the tax-exempt status is pending or you are using under a fiscal sponsor, connect a copy of the fiscal sponsor’s many current IRS dedication page along side a finalized Memorandum of knowing that establishes fiscal sponsorship. Please usually do not connect a duplicate of the social protection or tax status that is personal. We are able to just accept a 501()( that is c) page from your own company or your fiscal sponsor’s company.
Work Samples and Supplemental Movie Application
Work examples and supplemental movie application are optional but motivated. Your projects test should preferably be described as a present representation regarding the project’s proposed tasks. ONLINE SAMPLES ARE FAVORED. Mailed examples will never be came back. Make sure to mark your test because of the title of the company and project.
Appropriate work examples are:
- Url to online movie, CD or DVD (maximum. Three full minutes in total); please include cue instructions and URL (if sharing sample that is online in narrative above
- Tough copies or pictures or scanned pictures (maximum of 5)
- Penned materials (maximum 10-12 pages) – we shall NOT browse entire scripts, remedies, books etc.
Work examples could be mailed to your address that is following should be gotten by 5 pm EST, Friday, March 13, 2020:
Asian Women Giving Circle
C/o Ms. Foundation for females
12 MetroTech Center, 26 th flooring
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Structure for Proposals
Narrative must follow the following structure:
- Type, work with a 12-point font size and single-space
- Answer all of the questions within the purchase listed
- 10 pages maximum ( perhaps maybe not including work sample if appropriate)
- Save in PDF format