***My colleague and other USC Admission Counselor, Vivika Demel, is a USC Alum. I just recently unearthed that she been admitted in to the spring semester at USC. She was gracious enough to share with you her personal experience in the guest blog that is following. Keep reading for an look that is inside what it’s like as a spring admitted student.***
being a spring that is former, we am aware the confusion a lot of you could be experiencing at this time. We remember receiving my big envelope, reading my acceptance letter from USC, then realizing I ended up being admitted for the spring.
‘ What does springtime admission even suggest?,’
I thought, ‘Why me? Does it mean we wasn’t sufficient for fall?’ we place in a few calls to your Admission Office and many thanks to some helpful admission counselors and students, we quickly had my concerns answered. I made the decision to accept USC’s spring offer. In retrospect, there were advantages to searching for the springtime, and I adored my Trojan experience.
Right Here are 5 things that helped me understand my offer of admission to spring semester:
- Being admitted for spring does NOT mean that USC doesn’t want you! Pay attention to the Admit element of Spring Admit. We want you! we are just incapable to accommodate most of the learning pupils we wish for the autumn semester, but we still want you as a member of the Trojan Family.
- You can be involved at USC in the fall. Springtime admits can buy tickets for home soccer games and sit in the student part. Planning to games allowed me personally to fulfill other pupils and experience the Spirit of Troy. In addition, pupils can live near campus and simply take classes at district universities, allowing you to relate to other Trojans in the fall.
- You’ve got many options that are different your autumn semester. Pupils can enroll at a grouped community university, research at the American University of Paris (we want that this option had been available once I ended up being a springtime acknowledge), travel or work, or do so way more. The opportunities are endless, and you have got the blissful luxury to decide on whatever is most beneficial for you.
- You are able to still graduate on time. Students whom just just take classes at community university tend to be able to graduate using their fellow Trojans whom began into the fall. We actually took five General Education courses within the fall, and had been able to increase major and small at USC and still graduate on time.
- You will still have a traditional usc experience. No matter once they start, all of our students have to see USC life to its fullest. You’ll be associated with our activities, occasions, classes, and companies. Also, we guarantee housing for the spring admits and try to pair spring admits together to guarantee a shared smooth change.
To sum it up, don’t be stressed or scared about your springtime admission. You are a member associated with Trojan Family with endless options and possibilities available.
when you yourself have other concerns, please feel liberated to get hold of the Office of Admission or your admission therapist.
Get Oriented With USC
May 1st is here. You’re committed. We are therefore excited. You are relieved. HOORAY! Time for the step that is next.
Subscribe to USC Orientation!
USC Orientation Programs helps re-confirm the dedication you may are making by the May 1st Commitment Deadline today. Regarding the practical side it’s important since you’ll have the ability to create your classes, learn where things are on campus, and acquire situated. However, you will also arrive at the campus and work out friends that are new also future BFF’s. You will learn the fight track. You are going to finally obtain the hang of sickness the ‘V for Victory’ sign. (Unless you was raised in one single of those families who knew just how to do this before learning how exactly to hold a bottle, being a baby) All exciting things!
Lots of our workers are Trojan alums and went through Orientation fairly current sufficient to remember their experiences. Read their quotes below as they reminisce about their very memories that are first a Trojan during their orientation.
‘USC Orientation was pretty awesome. My OA was a resource that is incredible gave a large amount of great advice about life as a USC student. Also, I met a number of my future sorority sisters at Orientation. Surely memories that we shall constantly cherish.’
-Jessica Frey, Class of 2013
‘ The best part of Orientation was the Spirit Rally! Hearing the musical organization play, learning most of the traditions, and being surrounded by my fellow Trojans was a memory I won’t forget for quite some time.’
-Neelam Savla, Class of 2012
‘To be honest, it’s hard for me personally to keep in mind my orientation. Partially I need to start some memory exercises) because I graduated from USC in 2011 and my orientation was in 2007(. What I do remember was during Welcome Week while the beginning of USC, I didn’t feel lost or I belonged like I didn’t know where. I believe that’s a reflection of my Orientation experience and exactly how it prepared me to step on campus into the fall and feel at ease. One memory that stands apart and is clear https://shmoop.pro/ from my orientation was registering for classes. My scholastic consultant at the time, whom finished up being one of my bosses when I started involved in the division later, assisted me through it all therefore that when we walked out from the workplace, I felt absolutely nothing but excited about starting college, the classes I happened to be using and being a Trojan.’
-Kendall Williams, Class of 2011
‘ My fondest memory of USC Orientation was going in the future with a few of new acquaintances and going to Del Taco for a midday snack. I came across some pupils that became some of my first friends at USC. It had been additionally my first—and last—trip to Del Taco. (Go eat some Chano’s alternatively).’
-Eric Gebert, course of 2010
‘ From the band towards the fight track to the So Cal Spell Out, we enjoyed learning about Trojan Traditions.’
-Bryan Hudson, Class of 2013
‘i remember eating in the dining halls for the first time with my friend that is best and realizing, after 3 delicious slices of pie, that the freshman 15 would be very, very real.’
-Tyler-Rose Veguez, Class of 2012
‘we went to Orientation 4 times (well, 4 summers) when as an incoming freshman and three times as a student staff member. It was constantly great to see individuals go from knowing no one to finding best buddies for the reason that brief timespan that is two-day. They could be buddies you keep forever or friends just for the couple times you’re on campus, but in either case, they help you understand that you will find people that are great USC and also you can find your niche as soon as you move in.’
-Noel Viramontes, course of 2009
‘Orientation was the moment every thing really clicked. I finally had the possibility to stay back and talk to not only current USC pupils, but my very own freshman classmates in depth. Though we would came from various areas of the world and had various majors, we still had much in typical. These unique and people that are fascinating me excited to call home, learn, and grow at USC the next four years.’
-Clay Busia, Class of 2013
IMPORTANT NOTE: It does not matter exactly what orientation session you join for. You should have the same access to the classes you will need in the event that you attend the previous or later sessions.
Many of you have actually already signed up and reserved a spot for orientation. Superb! Until your session, feel free to explore the USC Orientation Programs website. If you are eager to find extra information about student groups and organizations on campus, go directly to the USC Student Affairs web site. Your own time as a Trojan will be here before you realize it!
Hey current Trojans and alums, can you keep in mind any enjoyable memories you had at Orientation?